Department of Vegetable Production (DVP)
Department of Vegetable Production DVP
Tr. A. Hlinku 2, Nitra, Slovakia
This department has significant positions in terms of research on vegetable production and its impact on human health. The knowledge of the department’s scientific and research activities is applied in agricultural practice. The main focus is on verifying the new technologies of cultivation of selected vegetable species, spices and aromatic plants and economically important fungi, monitoring nutritional and fertilization effects on quantitative and qualitative crop parameters. It also deals with the promotion of less known vegetable species and validation of new varieties important in human nutrition.
- Consulting in growing technologies in field conditions
- Consulting in growing technologies in covered areas (glass houses)
- Guidance in breeding technology and seed production
- Post-harvest technologies and storage systems
- Evaluation of the garden products quality
- Bioactive substances and human health
Contact: email@example.com, tel.: +421 (37) 641 4229
Head of department: Ing. Alena Andrejiová, PhD.
Secretary: Anna Kanianská